6 April 2015

Beach-ing in Patong, Phuket! (Thailand)

Hey there you!

I just had to put this post up. In 2013, I went to Phuket, Thailand with Steph. Phuket is one of the southern provinces of Thailand and is connected by a bridge to Phang Nga province to the north. Next to Phuket is Krabi which will be a soon to come destination.

Cover Photo
Phuket is famously known for its small and unique islands as well as its squeaking sand and crystal clear sea water. We've been to Phuket twice and I don't think it'll ever be enough. I just friggin' wish that I could get a property there and live the simple simple simple life. Probably a cashier or even a barista would be sufficient as a day job.

Just so you know, all the pictures in this post are taken using an iPhone 4s and a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Yes, we were ancient back then. I was 2 tattoos lesser and 15 kilogram lighter back then. These are the pictures of us taking a stroll on Patong Beach. Okay okay, not only a stroll, we can't resist the sea and took a dip.






Anyway, it is very very very easy to get around and navigate in Phuket. To be exact, we stayed in Patong for the first trip and Karon for the second trip. First, getting to Patong from Phuket International Airport is a long but fun ride. It is approximately an hour drive. However, it is fun because you'll see lots of stuffs on the way there. I'm saying stuffs such as buildings, cars, people and more.

As many of you know, Phuket was hit by Tsunami in 2004. We saw this sign as we were walking around in Patong Beach.

We stayed at Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa which is only 10 minutes walk away from Patong Beach! We got our bookings from Groupon as they had amazing and affordable offers. Overall, I'll give Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa a 10/10. It is extremely private and there are so many room choices to choose from. Wanting a jacuzzi on your balcony? Swimming pool connected to your balcony? Name it, it's there! Check them out on Agoda and Booking.com :)

Here are some pictures of us in Sea Sun Sand. I almost forget to mention, the restaurant is fantastic! Not only dinner, before island hopping, we had our awesome breakfast too. Check em' out. Be sure to read till the end of this post to see more amazing photos of our island hopping activity.






Now, here begins the whole story of our island hopping. We made quite a number of friends from various countries such as France, Abu Dhabi, United Kingdom as well as Malaysia. I normally include price guides and stuffs but I have to make an exemption for this post. I totally forgot how much it cost for island hopping. As far as I could recall, it is less than RM200 per person. That includes lunch as well. However, there are tons of packages to choose from so the price differs. 

We went to the famous Koh Phi Phi, Koh Mai Thon, Koh Lon, and a small island I forgot what it is called which is infested with monkeys. MONKEHHH! 






The boat ride was epic and not for the weak hearted. If you're vulnerable to sea sickness, you better brace yourself. Steph ended up saving a lady from extreme sea sickness. As for us, what's sea sickness? Heh! If you know what I mean. Also, look who's our tour guide! He is a she who is a guy in a girl. Haha!

Here are pictures of Koh Phi Phi island and some pictures of our tour mates from U.K. and Abu Dhabi. If somehow by miracle you stumbled upon this picture and noticed that's you, please please get in touch with me! We had too much fun that we forgot to exchange e-mails. 











Then, it was lunch time. The food was "okay", it was crowded but nevertheless fun. Sorry, I don't really take pictures of my food as I normally eat it even before my hands could grab the camera. :)



There was a time where the boat anchored for an hour in middle of no where just so we could jump and snorkel. So there was this guy Malaysia, he somehow had his life jacket on but when he got into the water, he was screaming for his life. So did his girlfriend. He was drowning because he didn't tighten his jacket correctly and the jacket somehow slipped out of his body. Had to save him. No I'm not showing off, I'm just sharing :)  Life jacket kills :/ Haha!

So here's the last island we stopped at. Oh, the dudes from Abu Dhabi gave me his last stick of cigarette all the way from Abu Dhabi. Damn Abu Dhabi's cigarette tastes good. 


From France
From France

The guy on the right was the guy I saved from drowning :)
This post is basically about our beach-ing days in Patong. You should stay tuned for our upcoming posts. It's a guide on how to get a phone line, rent a scooter, places of attractions, dos and don'ts in Patong, Phuket. I hope you enjoy this post and if ever you require any information or guides or tips on travelling in Patong, do not hesitate to contact us.

Subscribe to our newsletter and Youtube channel, like our Facebook page and follow our Instagram!
As always, be nasty and stay happy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts :)