12 April 2015

Scooter-ing in Patong!

Hey there!


Have you seen my previous post on Beach-ing in Patong, Phuket? This is the continuation of that post. I'm trying to come up with an epic trilogy where it'll consist of "Beach-ing in Patong, Scooter-ing in Patong and Scooter-ing in Karon". All the pictures in this post was from my first trip to Phuket. Yes, I was bald, slimmer and stones lighter back then.

Navigating your way through Patong on a scooter is very easy. I've been to Phuket twice and scooter is my favourite mode of transportation here. I'm getting used to Patong and Karon that I don't need a navigation system. Seriously, it's worth a try. 

I have to be frank, I've never rode a scooter before. I was so hyped when I tried it out. It was shaky at first. After a few rounds of warm up, I'm like a stallion on steroid on a scooter haha! Once you've got your scooter, make a few rounds and turns to warm yourself up. Oh! Steph met a super cute and chubby baby.


So, how do you get a scooter? Rental services are everywhere in Phuket. You can even rent a car! There are various sizes of scooters to choose from and the price ranges from 8 to 15 USD or 30-50 MYR or 300 - 450 THB per day. I would recommend you to rent it from your hotel. You are also required to hand over your passport as a deposit. You might feel insecure about this. So check out my post on Travel Safe to learn more on how to keep yourself safe while travelling. 

Next step is to get a phone and internet line. I recommend AIS. They have various packages for travellers where you'll get unlimited internet access at a very affordable price. It is also convenient to reload your phone's credit as you can get AIS's prepaid card in every 7 Eleven. Trust me, it'll come in handy. :)

During our first trip to Patong, we stayed at Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa. The resort is EPIC. Convenient, luxurious, relaxing and clean! Swimming pools are everywhere.
 



We spent most of our time Island hopping and beach-ing instead of going around shopping. However, we did manage to drop by to a few places. Jungceylon was one of the places we went. It is a mall located probably 15 minutes scooter ride from our hotel. There are lots of shops here. Take a break from beach-ing and visit Jungceylon! There's a supermarket, restaurants and plenty of sight seeing can be done. 




Tiger Hotel Patong
If you're a night life enthusiast and a party goer, there's a place famously known as Bangla Road or Soi Bangla. You'll find yourself surrounded with clubs and bars. Pirates bar, Moulin Rouge bar and many more! Strip shows are common here and also known as AGO-GO. You'll be offered by tons of ladies inviting you to drink at their bar or clubs. 

In this case, always stay safe and make sure you have your belonging kept with you at all times. Also, there are a lots of scammers. Be sure to avoid falling into their trap especially in an AGO-GO bar. Other than that, you're in for a big ride pal :)


Street dance crew
We also went to Banzaan Fresh Market. I remembered googling "Places to visit in Patong" and Banzaan came on. So we ended waking up early in the morning and headed to Banzaan on our awesome scooter. If you're lucky, you'll get to see monks dropping by to each stall in the market to pray for them. Just so you know, monks in Thailand are highly respected. 

What's to see in the market? Sorry we got too consumed by various vibrant and fresh vegetables, fruits as well as flowers. So we totally forgot to take pictures which we should have. Heh.

Oh oh oh, street food! It is a must. You gotta' give it a try at least once. They're cheap and delicious!





Well, that's all I have for this post. I promise you, there'll be more fun and exciting pictures in the next post on "Scooter-ing in Karon". Stay tuned for the third chapter of our Phuket's trilogy!

To my loyal and awesome readers, thank you very much for being awesome followers of my blog. If you're new here, thanks for visiting and do subscribe to our newsletter! Don't forget to like our Facebook page, follow our Instagram and subscribe to our Youtube channel!

As always, be nasty stay happy peeps! Love, Nath.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts :)