1 February 2015

Labuan Island (Places to visit in Labuan, Part 1)

What's up people!


I was born and raised in this small Island "Labuan" which is also known as the pearl of the South China Sea. Yes yes yes, cheap alcohol, perfumes, cars, and chocolate is all you could think of now. Labuan is a duty free island so if you happen to be here, go bonkers on duty free items alright. Mind you, not everything here is cheap. Though cheap chocolates and alcohol beverages may be tempting, eating and staying in Labuan will not be as cheap as the chocolates or alcohol. Because lands in Labuan are scarce, no houses would be cheap here. 

However, I've been away from Labuan for quite sometime now. If you think Labuan is small and boring, I can't deny your statement but what I did on my visit back home this week might change your mind. Labuan is an island filled with historical landmarks and covered by beaches. Me and my brother Samuel circled the whole island just to show you "Places to visit in Labuan". 

Places recommended in this post:
  1. Pancur Hitam / Pohon Batu / Layang-Layangan (Beaches)
  2. Labuan Bird Park
  3. Chimney Museum

I know right! Sea, sun and sand! We drove along the 18 kilometres long stretch beach all the way from Layang-Layangan to Pohon Batu. We meddled with our GoPro Hero 3+ and attached it to the driver's window recording our drive along the beach. I'll be hooking up a video into my new Youtube channel soon a'ight.




Well that's just the beginning. We later went to the Labuan Bird Park and Chimney Museum located approximately 4 kilometres from Palm Beach Resort Labuan. Labuan Bird Park has been here for many years now and each visit makes me like it even more! It may not be the best but still, I like being here. The diversity of birds to see here is satisfying. Entry cost : RM3 per adult/children. Here are some pictures we took. 

Entrance to Labuan Bird Park
The GoPro enthusiat.














Next, Chimney Museum! It is located opposite of the Labuan Bird Park. It is only 30 seconds walk away. Chimney is a building structure that was built in the 80's and carries a British design. The purpose is still unknown. Some said it could be a light house or a ventilation shaft. 23,000 imported bricks from England were used to build this structure. 

The environment or view of the area during a sunny day is aesthetic. Entrance fee: Free! 









I'm gonna upload my first few Youtube videos soon, keep up with us ya. I'm seperating Labuan posts because I wouldn't want to put too much photos into one post as it may be data consuming or slow loading for my mobile readers. 

The second post will be up within 24 hours of this post just so you know. :P
P.S: I miss my co-writer as I'm on this trip back to my home town alone. 

Places recommended in the next post:
  1. War Memorial
  2. Botanical Garden
  3. Marine Museum
  4. Labuan Clock Tower
  5. Labuan Museum

As always, thank you for your continuous support guys! Couldn't have made it this far without you!
Be nasty, stay happy! :)









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts :)