2 June 2015

Taichung, Taiwan!

HELLO FELLOW HUMANS!


First of all, I'm sorry for not updating my blog recently. Just so you know, I blog every once a week. I may be late but I usually compensate. Let's get started then!
Cover Photo
I was in Taiwan last month and I've posted about my trip to Tao Yuan. Have you seen it yet? No? Then please do :)  This blog post will be about my trip in Taichung. Just so you know, I was in Taiwan for a work trip but nevertheless I made some effort to make it an enjoyable one. I hopped on a bullet train from Tao Yuan to Taichung which is approximately a 45 minutes ride. No no no, you can't really feel the G force but it is fast that's for sure! Also, the food they serve in here, TASTYLICIOUS. The train ride cost RM35 (USD 10).

I'm very very very active in Youtube, that includes making my own videos too. So, I did a video of my trip in Taichung just like I did with Tao Yuan. So here's the video! Be sure to check it out and subscribe to my channel too!

I met up with a guy called Andy. He looked snobbish at first but damn we got along very very well and he's the best buddy I have in Taiwan. Yea, we still keep in close touch. Taiwanese loves coffee as much as they love "Boba" / bubble tea. Andy brought me to an awesome coffee house, Jim Studio. This coffee house is famously known for the owner's speciality which he can draw a portrait of basically ANYONE on a cup of coffee. Sat down with Jim, had a little chat and yes, he knows Sabah as he went to Sabah to conquer Mount Kinabalu before.







You know what else is famous in Taiwan? Scooters! Also known as mopeds. Probably it is a convenient way to navigate. Another reason is because the price of petrol or gasoline in Taiwan is utterly expensive. Here are some pictures of girls on scooters. Oh! Also, one with a dog too! That's right, a dog on a scooter. How adorable :) 




I didn't really get to go sightseeing as my schedules were very tight. However, I did took a stroll along the streets somewhere near to my hotel. I was staying in a famous chain hotel in Taiwan called the Holiday Inn. Wherever you go in Taiwan, Holiday Inn is in every district/states. I highly recommend this hotel because their hospitality, facilities, cleanliness. and services are off the charts! 10/10 indeed. Mind you, it is a hotel, not a resort.

Ooops, this was the one in Tao Yuan. Didn't get to take a picture of the one in Taichung :/






Not forgetting about the tea. I love Taiwanese tea! They're delicious and full of taste. Genuine Taiwanese tea will definitely stimulate your taste buds. Besides brewed tea, I got to taste the Oolong Tea in a bottle I got from a vending machine. A gulp is all I need for ultimate freshness. in Taiwan and Biji Pinang in Malaysia. 

Last but not least, Betel nuts. Have you heard of it? It is known as Pinang Xi Shi (槟榔西施) in Taiwan and Biji Pinang in Malaysia. Some called it as the Taiwan Bubble Gum. If you're driving in Taiwan, you'll notice that there are huts by the roadside illuminated with colourful lights and is taken care by gorgeous and sexy dressed girls. Fear or shock not as it is famous in Taiwan. Drivers would drop by to get Betel nuts or cigarettes from the huts. If you're looking for a chance to get down and dirty with the girls, you'll have to negotiate. Well, here's a documentary someone did on Youtube about Betel Nuts in Taiwan. It is thorough and well explained especially about the history of Betel Nuts. Taiwan Chewing Gum (Betel Nuts) Documentary.

I went to a famous night market in Taichung but I was too exhausted for anything. As for me, I would definitely find my way back to Taiwan to have a proper stay and vacation. I love the culture and people there. Loyal, respectful, disciplines, and hard working. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I'm not staying there which I wish I could. I'll probably go back to Taiwan by end of this year hopefully.

I hope you enjoy this post, let me know what you think about Taiwan in the comment section below. Also, let me know what you're looking forward to see me post in my blog. Don't forget to check out my Youtube channel and subscribe. Follow me on Instagram and Facebook too! 

Thank you so much for supporting, as always, be nasty stay happy! Much love, Nath,












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us your thoughts :)