30 December 2014

11 Common Excuses for Skipping Work!

Hi ya'll workaholics and lazybums!

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your support in sharing this website to the world. You guys are awesome! Today's post will be on common excuses for skipping work. Either being late or skipping work, these are the common reasons used by many of us which includes me myself. Yes, I admit, I've used at least 70% of the whole list in this post. The excuses I came up with may sometimes be real reasons and may not. So have fun!

1. No Electricity - "Damn boss! House no current. Can't use the hair dryer or the iron. I might be late for work or if the electricity doesn't come back, I will need to take a day off". 95% of you may have tried this.

2. Car Broke Down - "Eh boss, battery died. Asked a friend to fetch me to buy a new one and he is slow! Might not make it for work today but I'll try". "It was flooding yesterday and my car died on me and I need to take a day off to have it checked out". "TYRE PUNCTURED!!! Emergency leave today okay?". 100% of you tried this.

3. Woman Issues - If your boss is a guy, this would be a very very very good reason to skip work because he dares not to ask you "What woman issues?". 85% female used this excuse.

4. Migraine - "Boss, I have a major headache and I think it's evolving into a migraine. I need to sleep it off". 91% used this as an excuse :)

5. Wedding Ceremony - This excuse is damnnn popular in Malaysia. "My brother/mother/father/2nd father/sister/grandma/grandpa/cousins are getting married and I need to attend it". You have one hell of a big family. 80% Malaysians used this.

6. Security Issues - Well, I've used this twice. Frankly speaking, it worked. "I lost my wallet" and "There was a burglary in my house". I don't know about ya'll but hell yea it worked. It worked so well I had to create a scenario to tell my bosses next morning when they'll be asking "OMG are you alright? What happened?". 100% love using this.

7. Family Issues - "Boss, my dad/mom/driver is sick and I have to fetch my lil' brother/sister to and from school". "My sister just broke up and she is heartbroken, I have to glue her heart pieces back together". 100% of my colleagues used this. Haha! The relationship is hilarious!

8. Pet Emergency - "Something seems wrong with my dog/cat and I need to take em to the vet". I used this once but it was real. However, it'll work! :)

9. Sickness - It may be contagious such as common cold or flu without needing to visit the doctor or even be an embarrassing one like haemorrhoid. Common cold is common due to the conveniency. Tried a couple times and it worked like magic!

10. Car Accident - "Someone rammed the back of my car! I need to take a day off to settle this issue". Show up the next day with shining bumpers.

11. Left Behind - Assuming you're car pooling everyday. "I was slightly late and my friends left me behind. Gotta call a cab and I will be late okay byeee".

You're currently recalling back the moments you've used any of these excuses. Smile! You are awesome! If you've tried something else out of this list, let it out in the comments section below.
Share this out with your friends or colleagues! Once again, thanks for your support! Be nasty, stay happy peeps.

With love, Nath :)



1 comment:

Tell us your thoughts :)