14 January 2015

I am a Sino Kadazan!

Sup guys!

Lately I've been busy with some work stuffs. At first, blogging seems as easy as I thought it would be until I did it for real, I beg to differ. Having hundreds of readers daily, the tendency to blog is higher. Probably it is because I wouldn't wanna let my readers down. Just so you know, I'm also working on my Youtube channel so yea.

Anyway, I was at a car service station yesterday doing some car stuffs which I have been procrastinated for weeks now. For the first time in life, someone actually thought I am a mixed Indian! I'm not saying that I don't like Indians or being called one, I just can't seem to figure out on how on earth do I look like an Indian to him.

In Malaysia, we live in a multi cultural environment. Put the politics and racial issues aside because haters are gonna hate but I don't give a damn. I'm a mixed race/blood myself. As said, I'm a Sino Kadazan. What's that? Let me explain, easy.

SINO = Chinese (Somehow related to China)
So if you have a SINO in your racial status, you're most likely to be mixed Chinese. You could be a Sino Malay, Sino American, Sino Thai and so on.

My dad is a Sino Kadazan (Chinese + Kadazan), my mom is a Chinese (pure). Well that makes me 3/4 Chinese and 1/4 Kadazan which still gives me the status Sino Kadazan.

Kadazan is a local ethnicity commonly found in Sabah and Labuan. I'm not ashamed of my origins, I'm proud of it. Well, people often misjudged me due to my skin colour, facial resemblance as well as uhmm I don't know what else they're thinking. I'm tanned like apricot slight brown chocolate tan and I don't look like a Chinese AT ALL. I don't have small eyes that go away when I laugh like most Chinese do (not all, most).

But here's the kick, I can speak Mandarin and a few other Chinese dialects but not a single word for Kadazan haha! You can say that I might be Chinese educated, but you're wrong. I learnt to speak Chinese from friends. I picked it up bit by bit and now I can speak Chinese! Not butter smooth fluent though. I need to brush up my intonation that's all.

Out of all that, I'm still surprised on how did the Service Advisor deduced me as a mixed Indian. I was flattered though haha! Well, if someone misjudged you, don't be shy to tell them the real thing. I ain't afraid nor shy of where I came from. I am who I am, you are who you are and that can't be changed.

















I am a Sino Kadazan.

Cheeeeeeers peeeeps! Be nasty, stay happy!


This week's upcoming post so stay tune!
Things to do in Central Manila
Scootering in Patong, Phuket

3 comments:

  1. nice article so what is mixed indian and Kadazan as this is common in KK also ?Indo-Kadazan . surely there cannot be only one classification for mixed race with kadizan or bumiputrea ?

    ReplyDelete

Tell us your thoughts :)